Despite what mainstream makeup companies may want us to believe, men’s makeup is trending now. Men wear makeup and are proud of it. In fact, many men wear makeup every day in order to achieve flawless skin and enhance unique facial features.
These days, you don’t have to be a movie star or a singer to wear makeup. Mens makeup is available to everyone, whether you have white or black skin, whether you are gay or straight, young or old, make up for men might be for you.
There are several mens makeup brands worth mentioning, such as NÜD Men Makeup, MMUK MAN, CONTEXT Skincare, AB Crew, that you can find in specialized stores like Differio.com. These companies took mens makeup to the whole new level. Thank to them, mens makeup is gaining its momentum.
Follow these makeup tips to achieve irresistible look every man can dream about:
1. Foundation and Concealer. Wearing foundation helps cover skin imperfections, such as pimples. But don’t rush into buying a foundation. If you have a beard, you better use concealer to hide pimples and blemishes, because foundation may look inconsistent and leave unwanted residue on whiskers. If you have large pores that tend to clog up easily, use a water-based foundation. You should always apply a thin layer of foundation on your face, hairline and neck. Blend it well to look flawless and natural.
2. Contouring and Highlighting can help you enhance your best features and hide those you are not proud of. These techniques can help creating the illusion of a slimmer nose, define your cheekbones, give you a glowing look and much more. Check this video by makeup expert Wayne Goss and learn how to master contouring and highlighting within a few minutes.
3. Reducing under-eye circles, bags and redness is super easy. Get yourself a quality concealer for men and blend it well into affected areas. Here is a nice video tutorial on how to apply and blend a concealer to hide dark circles and redness.
4. Apply guyliner if you want to achieve an effective celebrity-like look. Johnny Depp to Jared Leto are among those who love wearing guyliner. To recreate this look, use a black pencil to draw a line above and under you eye. Blend it with the fingers for more natural look. If you have blond lashes, use black mascara to match the eyeliner. In fact, there are several ways to apply guyliner. If you are looking for something more long-lasting and deep, follow this tutorial.
5. Lip balm or lipstick is a must in every day mens makeup. Use lip balm with SPF daily to protect your lips from harmful UV lights and give your lips soft and sexy look. If you prefer wearing lipsticks, opt in for lipsticks with UV filters and darker shades to enhance your own lip color.
How often do you wear makeup? What’s your favorite mens makeup tips? Share with us in the comments below.