Looking And Feeling Great: How The Keto Diet Impacts The Way You Look
Girl 3141766 640
We all want to feel and look better. The food we eat is the fuel that our bodies need in order to function at his highest potential. Let’s take as an example your car. If instead of premium gasoline, you use the cheapest alternative, do you think you can maintain your car in a good shape longer? I don’t think so. The same thing happens with your body which is the most complex machine ever. The ketogenic diet offers you excellent nutrition, a fact that can be attested by many experts and doctors.
The keto diet requires to eat foods that have a low quantity of carbohydrates, eliminate sugar, and eat a lot of fats and proteins from meat. When you give sugar it becomes much easier to lose weight. Research has found out that many people that have acne problems consume a lot of sugar.
Here are the main ingredients that you can eat on a keto diet and why they are good for you:
- Fish – fatty fish are rich in omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin D. People who regularly eat fish have a lower risk of heart attacks, strokes, and death from heart disease. Omega-3 has anti-inflammatory properties that help you fight against acne.
- Meat (pork, chicken, lamb, beef) is a great source of protein and vitamin B and E, including vitamins B2, B6, and B12. Meat is also rich in iron and is often recommended to patients with anemia. B vitamins make your hair stronger and prevent hair fall. Iron is useful for both hair and nails.
- Eggs have lots of nutrients: vitamin A, vitamin B5, vitamin B12, vitamin B2, phosphorus, selenium, vitamin D, vitamin E, vitamin K, vitamin B6, calcium, and zinc. The antioxidants found in eggs, lutein, and zeaxanthin, will make your skin softer, firmer, and more hydrated.
- Nuts and seeds are rich in minerals like manganese, potassium, magnesium, calcium, iron, zinc, fluoride and selenium. Also, nuts and seeds have vitamin B and vitamin E. All these vitamins and minerals make your skin look better and healthier.
- Organic oils: avocado oil, coconut oil, olive oil. This type of oils contains monounsaturated fatty acids which are considered a healthy dietary fat. They have lots of health benefits like controlling blood sugar, increasing “good” cholesterol, preventing liver disease, making your hair shiny, making the skin healthier thanks to the anti-inflammatory effect.
- Avocados have a high level of monounsaturated fatty acids, mainly oleic acid. These acids help you prevent heart disease, diabetes, and cancer. Avocado contains a low level of sugar and it has a big quantity of fiber which is useful if you have problems with constipation. This fruit has a lot of vitamins and minerals, like B-vitamins, vitamin E, vitamin K, vitamin C, potassium, and copper. Avocado is a great ally if youțre struggling to lose weight.
As you can see, all the things that you eat on the keto diet are super healthy. For more, tips on how to have a healthy skin, check out this blog post.
If you enjoyed reading this article, do share it on social media with your friends and followers.